4 reasons why you should invest in a fleet management software
Every company that uses vehicles for delivering products to its clients, however small or large, must give serious thought to investing in a fleet management software. Those who are not well-acquainted with the term must know that ‘fleet management’ is a term used to define a range of functions like vehicle tracking, vehicle maintenance, fuel management, and monitoring the behavior of on-duty drivers. Today, there are hundreds of fleet management systems in the market that offer you real-time vehicle tracking and other advanced features like mileage tracking, scheduling routes, and dispatch management.
If you are still not convinced about investing in a fleet management system, here are four notable reasons as to why you should purchase one.
Do fleet management software help in real-time vehicle tracking?
- Yes, one of the best advantages of using fleet management software is that it enables you to track vehicles using GPS in real time.
- Typically, an onboard GPS unit is attached under the driver’s seat. Through this device, any person who has access to the cloud-based software can get the geographical coordinates, mileage, speed, and other such useful data.
- Other than tracking the vehicles, the real-time movement also helps in notifying the driver of any unplanned change in the schedule.
How do fleet management software help in reducing fuel cost?
- One of the main reasons why many small and large companies are purchasing a fleet management system is that it helps to reduce fuel cost effectively. In fact, studies have found that fuel costs account for almost 40% of the expenses of fleet ownership.
- Since the fleet management software monitors the idle time and the behavior of the driver, the drivers try their best to do their job well.
- Through the GPS tracking solution, it is possible to optimize routes and avoid taking wrong roads, in turning saving more fuel.
- Through a strategic fleet management system, you can cut fuel costs by 20 to 25%.
Does fleet management software improve customer satisfaction?
- Since the vehicle drivers are aware that their activity is being monitored through real-time GPS tracking, there is a low chance that they will deliberately delay or skip a delivery. In this way, the goods will be delivered to the clients quicker than usual.
- Another way in which fleet management system minimizes the travel time is by finding the vehicle that is nearest to the job that needs to be done, thus delivering the goods on time and making the customer happy.
- Features like accurate ETAs, real-time routing of the vehicle, and updating changes in schedule, allows the company to give high-quality service to the customers.
How to find the best fleet management software for vehicle tracking?
You should do thorough research before deciding on the fleet management software that you want to use for vehicle tracking. For those who are still confused about which software to purchase, here are some questions that you need to ask to find the right software for your business:
- What are some essential features that your business needs?
- What is the size of your company?
- What type of organization do you own?
- Can you add extra vehicles to the software once your fleet grows?
- Does the software provide real-time tracking or recorded data?
- Does the fleet management software have a good reputation?
- How much are you ready to spend on the software?
When it comes to choosing a fleet management software, first figure out the exact features that your business needs. Keep in mind that investing in a fleet management system is an important financial decision as well. So, make sure that you are aware of the total expense of owning the software before you buy one.
Tag: vehicle tracking fleet management system