All you need to know about online MBA programs
MBA is really the best degree for someone who wants to see the big picture of organizations and how different parts of an organization can work together. The MBA degree has been around for a long time, for over a century. When it first started, it was the industrial age and the topics were very different from what you would see now. Now, you see a fresher curriculum and a new approach to the learning process than when the MBA degree first started.
MBA is one of the most widely known graduate degrees everywhere. There is a recognition of what that means in the marketplace, which you don’t always get with other degrees. However, the updating of the curriculum is really important for students because you need to be ready to not only be an active player in the workforce but to be able to advance your career. That big picture view of an MBA helps people. A lot of people who enroll into an MBA program might have an undergraduate degree in science or in a particular area of training and have worked their way up through the corporate ladder, but they haven’t been trained in management skills and leadership skills. Thus, an MBA helps offer that perspective.
The emphasis today will be to share information with you about online MBA programs, but let’s start with highlighting just the primary categories of the MBA programs that are out there now.
What are the types of MBA programs?
- Full-time MBA
- Part-time MBA
- Executive MBA
- Online MBA
What is an online MBA?
- Online MBA programs are designed for working professionals.
- They can continue working and seek full flexibility and accessibility in terms of graduate business education.
Who should pursue online MBA programs?
- Working professionals who want a quality graduate business education for career enhancement.
- People who need to seek maximum flexibility and accessibility due to particular professional or other life circumstances.
- Those who are not interested in leaving their job to pursue a full-time MBA.
- People who are transferred frequently.
- Those with no proximity to an MBA program.
- People with family responsibilities.
- Ones whose schedules do not accommodate an evening or weekend program.
- Those who prefer to study in ways that are designed for their learning styles.
What are the myths of online MBA programs?
- All online MBA programs are similar.
- It is easier to gain admission to an online program.
- An online degree is different from a full-time MBA degree.
- The quality of education is low.
- Employers do not value online MBA programs.
What does an online MBA offer?
- Face-to-face, synchronous online classes.
- High quality, asynchronous video classes.
- Personal webcam office hours with faculty.
- Virtual campus with 24/7 access to course materials, class assignments, and active discussion walls with faculty and classmates.
- Quarterly, in-person domestic and international weekend immersions.
- Dedicated career management professionals.
- Completion in 2 years (3 maximum).
Why should you consider online MBA programs?
- Top-ranked academically rigorous MBA combined with maximum flexibility and accessibility.
- Dynamic virtual campus experience bringing the excellence of on-campus online.
- Worldwide engagements hosted in select towns around the world.
- A highly custom-made approach.
What is great about online MBA programs?
- Online MBA programs bring a different perspective to the classes, and, as you learn in the classroom, you are learning in life.
- As online MBA programs grow, they could help the students from far-flung countries as they can truly benefit from the education that comes from networking with people from varied backgrounds.
How can you improve your professional skills through online MBA programs?
- With the help of MBA programs, you can enhance your leadership capabilities, communication skills, and teamwork.
- Your theoretical and practical knowledge is enhanced, which can prove to be beneficial for running your business.
- While starting your own business, these skills can be used.
What are the admission criteria for online MBA programs?
- Evidence of academic success and readiness.
- Quality full-time work experience.
- Demonstrated career progression and clear professional goals.
- Proven track record of leadership and team experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.