Essential factors that determine the cost of bed bug extermination
Our homes are where we can dwell in peace; whenever we are at work or staying in a hotel, we tend to miss the comfort of our own beds. However, what we don’t miss are the annoying, most-common household pests: bed bugs. Contrary to what people always envision bugs to be like—you have the children’s cartoons to blame—the bed bugs are a far cry from the cute, brightly-colored ladybugs you come across. Bed bugs are the vicious, blood-sucking, agents of agony who have the power to ruin a good night’s sleep.
Bed bugs are one of the most common household pests that are equipped with the ability to instill a sense of trepidation in a person who wishes to catch up on a few hours of sleep. Though the name suggests that these pests are restricted to hiding in the corners of your bed, these can be found in items stored underneath your beds, in nightstands and dressers, and even on the sofa in your living room. Though these pests are quite tiny in stature, they can wreak immense havoc in your lives, and the fear of getting bitten by these bed bugs and being sleep deprived can interfere with your normal routine. So, what do you do when you have bed bugs stealthily attacking you? Well, you call in the experts; you seek professional help and call in the exterminators.
It is evident that you will have certain queries when it comes to bed bug extermination. Read on to seek answers to your queries.
Which are the most common ways of getting rid of bed bugs?
- There are certain methods through which you can rid of bed bugs, the most common way of removing bed bugs is by using a bed bug spray on the area where these pests dwell.
- If there is a larger infestation of the bed bugs, you can clean and disinfect your entire house. This should take care of the bed bugs that hide underneath the furniture or on your sofa and chairs.
- If the bed bug infestation is beyond your comprehension, you’ll have to rely on professional help. You will have to contact an exterminator and let them do their job.
How much does bed bug removal cost?
- In case you decide to undertake the bed bug extermination by yourself, you would only have to invest in the best bed bug spray and would have to carry out the entire process on your own. Though this could save money, this might not be the most effective way of getting rid of bed bugs completely.
- If you decide to hire a professional exterminator to carry out this feat, you will have to pay anywhere from around $1,000 to $2,500, and the cost of bed bug extermination depends on the technique the exterminator uses and the severity of the infestation.
- The bright side of hiring a full-fledged exterminator will ensure that even the other bacteria and mold will be eliminated from your house, making it a clean and disease-free area.
What are the factors that determine the cost of bed bug removal?
- The bed bug removal cost varies from one service provider to another; although the average cost of bed bug extermination ranges from around $1,000 to $2,500, this cost is determined by certain factors.
- The size of your house and the number of rooms you wish to have cleared of bed bugs determine the total cost of the bed bug extermination.
- The extent of the bed bug infestation also determines the total cost of bed bug removal; for a moderate infestation, the exterminator charges around $200–$300 per room, and for a severe infestation, you will have to pay around $300–$400 or more. The severe the infestation, the more money you’ll have to shelve for getting rid of the bed bugs.
- The location of your house also determines the cost of bed bug extermination. Popular exterminator companies often charge more if you live in an affluent locality.
Which are the different methods used in the bed bug extermination process?
- The different methods used by exterminators include the use of heat or thermal, fumigation, chemicals and pesticides, and use of steam for removing the pests.
- The form of extermination you choose is what determines the cost of the bed bug removal process.
You need to determine which will be the most effective and suitable method of removing bed bugs from your home and undertake the process without further delay.
Tags- bed bug removal cost, best bed bug spray, bed bug extermination cost