Everything you need to know about bathroom remodeling
Everyone wants a bathroom that would reflect their own personal style as well as deliver comfort. Apart from that, it is also important that a bathroom has the right amenities and fixtures that provide value and function together. You can have it all by choosing the right design and through careful planning.
Below is some information to help you turn your bathroom remodeling dream into a reality.
What are some simple tips to remodel the bathroom?
- A change in the lighting fixture can help a lot. Remember you are changing the device, not the line.
- You can also repaint the cabinet with a color that most suits the ambiance. Sometimes making them contrast can leave a stunning effect.
- You can also add extra shelves, which can help you with your storage and also the visual design.
- Add small details like frames to the mirror with a DIY towel bar or towel ring. Adding small things can change the look of the bathroom. But just keep it in mind that you don’t overdo it.
- If the update looks simple it looks better. While you do the remodel of the bathroom don’t forget the door as the door could also create a different effect.
- Bulky items, such as the bathtubs, should be placed away from the door as it would create a roomier effect.
- Always follow the room’s natural flow by placing light items first and the heavier ones later. It creates a movement of a stylish flow from which everyone can benefit.
- Don’t forget to clean out the grout.
How to save money on a bathroom remodel?
If you want to give your bathroom a new look without flushing money down the toilet, check out the below tips for saving money on a bathroom remodel:
- Have a plan– Although it seems expensive to work with a architect or a designer to remodel your bathroom, it is money well-spent. Having a plan that you have worked on alongside a professional ensures you have a budget, a design, and a timeline that is realistic.
- Keep plumbing as it is– Using existing piping can help you save a lot of money. Relocating utilities like a bathtub and the toilet are not an easy and cheap task.
- Mirror frame-up– To lift the look of your bathroom, you can dress up the builder-grade mirror with an attractive frame and it can be done at a fraction of the cost of sourcing a huge hanging mirror. Additionally, a frame will help to hide any age-related wear.
- Update your toilet– While remodeling your bathroom, instead of throwing out the whole porcelain perch consider replacing the toilet lid and seat. Just replacing these two elements can make your toilet look clean and fresh without needing you to buy a new unit, which in turn saves plumbing installation fees as well.
Which are the important bathroom accessories?
You can spend a fortune on a bathroom remodel, but it would be incomplete with the essential bathroom accessories. Below is a list of must-have accessories for every bathroom:
- Soap dispensers
- Towel bar or towel ring
- Linen baskets
- Bath mat
- Shower curtain
- Recycling and a trash can
- Side tables
What is bathroom cladding?
- The decorative cladding is used as a solution to imperfect surfaces on the wall
- Bathroom cladding has now emerged as the most widespread and inexpensive way of creating decorative walls in both domestic and commercial surroundings with the help of tile effects and designing.
- Cladding owns its popularity to the ease with which it can be installed.
- Installation is effortless as you have to just push each panel into the next
- It covers large areas in a short time.