Finding the right equipments for your restaurant
Always dreamed of owning your own restaurant but wondering what the basic requirements to set it up are? Do you already own your upscale restaurant? Are you looking to outfit your cafeteria or food truck? Do you want to serve fancy delicious recipes on colorfully garnished palettes? Fret not, from ovens to refrigerators, steam cooking equipment to combination ovens and microwaves, here’s an exhaustive list of restaurant equipments and kitchen appliances you will need to get you started.
What are restaurant equipments?
Any equipments used in a restaurant for anything that includes preparing, cooking, heating, serving, displaying, and storing food are classified as restaurant equipments.
These help a restaurateur outfit all parts of their commercial food service establishments. Not just this, the establishment’s needs have to be designed in such a way that they are not just functional but also durable and attractive. There are several online purchasing websites and facilities that sell restaurant equipment to make the task of food preparation convenient and more efficient. Be it the back storage room, the kitchen, or the counter area, the following will help you get an idea of the kitchen appliances you need to buy:
- Fryers and ovens are required to cook food.
- Merchandising refrigerators and slushy machines are needed.
- Combination oven and microwave equipment will help in efficient food preparation.
- Cold restaurant equipment like ice machines and refrigerators are also needed.
- Shelves, carts, and work tables are needed for more storage space.
- Food holding and warming equipment is needed to maintain the temperature zone of the food, like steam tables, banquet carts, and drawer warmers.
- Plumbing equipment is needed.
- Food storage containers with a large range of cookware stock up and kitchen hand tools are also necessary.
What are the top-quality cooking equipments required to equip the kitchen of a restaurant?
- Commercial restaurant ranges, fryers, grills, steam cooking equipment, toasters and breakfast equipment, commercial rice cookers, rice warmers, and sushi rice containers are needed for commercial setup kitchens.
- This is the range of cooking equipments required to equip the kitchen of a commercial setup.
What are the refrigeration equipments required to meet the preservation needs of a restaurant?
- Reach-in refrigerators and freezers
- Refrigerated prep tables
- Bar refrigeration
- Under counter refrigerators
- Under counter freezers
- Worktop refrigerators
What type of commercial oven should one choose?
The oven you choose for your kitchen can range from convection model to the conveyor type. It depends on whether you want to install the oven in a pizzeria, cafeteria, bakery, food truck, or any other form of food service operation. These ovens can be any of these:
- Convection ovens
- Conveyor ovens
- Impinge ovens
- Combination ovens
What equipments are required for food storage and keeping the food warm?
These equipments are required to keep the meals in a controlled environment so that they can be served at ideal temperatures:
- Holding and proofing cabinets
- Countertop food warmers
- Electric steam tables
- Cold food tables
Why are food preparation equipments required?
These tools are required to transform raw ingredients in their basic form into culinary masterpieces. Some of these may be the following:
- Commercial blenders/food blenders
- Immersion blenders
- French fry cutters
- Meat slicers
- Commercial food processors
What are the different types of commercial work tables available?
There are several types of work tables depending on the usage intention and material used in its making. They can be either economic or top-of-the-line, depending on your budget. Alternatively, they can be an under shelf or an open base type, based on the purpose of utility. Some of the types are these:
- Equipment stands and filler tables
- Work tables with under shelf
- Open base work tables
- Steel folding work tables
What are the beverage making equipments available in the market?
There are beverage machines and dispensers to meet any type of restaurant’s needs. It can range from serving a customer who wants to order for a glass of ice cold beer to someone who wants a cup of piping hot coffee. Some of them are listed here:
- Coffee makers/brewers
- Beer dispensers
- Granita/slushy machines
- Underbar equipment