Four things one must know about no-contract family cell phone plans
The no-contract cell phone gives a person the freedom to choose the phone they want without having to agree to strict guidelines and pay ridiculous fees. One simply pays money in advance for the text, call, and data service that they are going to utilize. There is no-contract associated with the plans and that gives the customer the freedom to access the service according to his/her will.
There are various companies that offer some of the best cell phone family plans. Some of the popular no-contract carriers that offer cheap cell phone family plans are T-Mobile, cricket, metroPCS, Sprint, boost mobile, Verizon Wireless, ting, and Project Fi. Below are the four things one must know about no-contract family cell phone plans.
How many lines are there on no-contract family cell phone plans?
One of the primary things to consider that comes while choosing among the no-contract family cell phone plans is the number of lines needed.
- The general rule followed by most no-contract family cell phone providers is that the first line is the most expensive one, the second one is cheaper, so is the third one, and so on. The price per line drops as more lines one has on their family plan. When all the family members get one plan it can save a lot of money annually.
- The consumer family cell phone plan ranges from 2 to 10 lines. If there are more than 10 lines, it is considered a business plan.
What are the advantages of no-contract family cell phone plans?
With a no-contract family cell phone plan, one can buy their service up front and can switch to any other service provider anytime they wish to. These two are some of the most appealing advantages of opting for no-contract family cell phone plans. Some of the other advantages of no-contract family cell phone plans are-
- One can simply change the plans as per their needs and budget as they have to pay in advance and can change plans depending upon their needs.
- No credit check is needed as the amount is paid at the start of the service unlike for a contract phone, where one needs to have a good credit to avail the service.
- One can skip the services that they don’t need like if they don’t need data, they can avail a no-contract cell phone plan with no data.
What are the disadvantages of no-contract family cell phone plans?
There are various perks of opting for no-contract family cell phone plans. However, like every coin has two sides, there are some disadvantages of no-contract family cell phone plans. They are-
- There have been instances where no-contract cell phone services have been subjected to slowdowns if a cellular network is congested.
- Usually, no-contract cell phones are not the top priority and contract plans are preferred above it. However, it also depends on what no-contract family cell phone carrier is opted for.
- If one was with a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), shifting to other no-contract cell phones company may feel unhappy with the customer service as it isn’t that good when compared to such companies.
How can one save money on no-contract family cell phone plans?
While opting for no-contract family cell phone plans, one needs to know how they can make the most of it and save as much as they can. Below are some tips that may be handy for people who want to save money by choosing the cheapest no-contract family cell phone plans-
- There are many small no-contract carriers also known as MVNOs that run on big networks. Opting for these small no-contract carries help in saving a lot of money each month.
- Many popular carriers like metroPCS, Sprint, boost mobile, and T-Mobile offer no-contract family cell phone plans with an all-in-pricing. The all-in-pricing ensures that all the surcharges and taxes are included in the plan itself.
- With more family members or friends become a part of no-contract family cell phone plans, the plans get cheaper.
Tags- no contract family cell phone plans, cheap family plans cell phones, family cell phone plan, cheap cell phone family plans, best cell phone family plan, cheapest cell phone family plan