Most women own different types of makeup foundation that qualify for everyday and occasional use respectively. The three more common types include cake, liquids, and semi-liquids; however, it all depends on which one suits one’s skin best. Every woman will have a different preference for the type of foundation they believe suits their skin type. If you’re looking to buy a makeup foundation, but are confused due to the plethora of options available in the market, the following sections will help you make an informed decision. Read on to know about some of the best makeup foundations, most affordable brands, things to consider while purchasing a foundation, and places to get them at discounted rates.
Which are the best affordable makeup foundations?
- Revlon ColorStay: Considered as one of the best affordable makeup foundation, this product will last long as well as give you a light feel. Furthermore, it is compatible for all skin types and is patented with time-release technology by Revlon.
- Maybelline Fit Me: This foundation might be the most affordable on the list, but it has 22 shades for you to choose from. It not only re-hydrates the skin but also helps de-clog the pores making it easier for your skin to breathe. This foundation is ideal for everyday use.
- L’Oreal Paris True Match: This foundation is by far the lightest foundation among the best affordable makeup foundations. It is formulated with a patented color technology and is enriched with Vitamin C, wheat germ, and grapefruit extract.
Which brands qualify as the best luxury makeup foundations?
- Dior Capture Totale Foundation: A pure combination of an anti-aging formula and a lightweight application, this is one of the best luxury makeup foundations. It has a cellular complex that reduces dark spots, wrinkles, and dullness.
- Chanel Sublimage Le Teint Ultimate Radiance Generating Cream Foundation: It has a creamy formula which allows you to have an even-toned and glowing skin. The secret behind this is the actual diamond powder that the foundation is infused with.
- La Prairie Caviar Foundation: This makeup foundation helps give you a natural finish. In the top compartment is a concealer that allows you to hide away dark circles and dark spots.
What are the things to consider before buying makeup foundations?
- Formula: The beauty lingo can be slightly unclear, so make sure that you know your skin type and the formula that would suit you best. If you have dry skin, then picking from the best liquid or stick foundations will help. For oily skin, it is advisable to stick to powdered foundation as it will absorb the oil and leave a matte finish.
- Ingredients: Many use a makeup foundation everyday. Therefore, it is essential to check if the foundation has the right ingredients. It helps if your foundation has a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or above as that will allow you to skip using the sunscreen.
- Sample testing: If you get your hands on a sample, do not try it by applying it on your wrist. Instead, find a place with some natural light and apply it directly on the jawline. This helps you figure out how it blends on your skin and neck.
Where can one buy some of the best makeup foundations at discounted rates?
- BuyMeBeauty: One of the top websites for buying some of the best makeup foundations online, this website not only has the best rates but also has an array of products. Along with discounts on the original price, you can also get discount codes once you are a regular customer.
- MakeUpMania: We always wish to know where makeup artists get their products from and if they get a discount. This is one of the websites some of them resort to. You can get your hands on some of the natural makeup foundations as well as the top luxury foundations at unbelievable prices.
- Sephora: One of the best places to buy makeup; they have an online as well as offline presence. They have some of the best products at significantly discounted rates. You might not get discounts on the luxury products, but you can get some good deals on everyday products.