Popular flea treatments that you can use for your dog
Though summer brings a lot of good things along with it, fleas are just not one of them. These blood-sucking insects might appear to be minuscule and harmless, but they are a nuisance both for the pet owners and the pet.
It is important to treat the fleas on your dog because if left untreated, it won’t only lead to a major flea infestation in your house but can also cause some serious skin disease to your dog. If you are currently in search for the best flea treatment, then here are few popular ways in which you can kill fleas on dogs.
Which are some of the popular flea control treatments?
- Depending on the severity of the infestation, the life stage of the flea, and your dog’s health choose the suitable flea treatment for your dog.
- A flea collar is a collar that you put around your dog’s neck, which originally emitted toxins as a gas that made sure that a flea dies if they came too close to your dog. However, new-age flea collars release anti-flea chemicals continuously that then to blend with the fur on your dog’s skin.
- Flea control pills, sprays, and liquid applicants are some of the popular ways in which you can kill fleas on your dogs.
- Today, you can also buy chewable flea- and tick-prevention pills that help in keeping your dog clear of flea infestation.
How does flea comb help to kill fleas on your dog?
- Using a flea comb is one of the most effective and the easiest way to kill and get rid of fleas on your dog.
- If you are considering buying a flea comb then invest in one that has narrow teeth so that when you comb the fur on your dog they do not get tangled.
- While you are buying a flea comb, make sure that you buy one that is able to kill and get rid of all the lifecycle of the fleas, including the eggs and the larvae.
- If you are not sure about using flea and tick medication on your dog, especially, on a puppy who is younger than four weeks, then using a flea comb is the safest way to kill, effectively get rid of the fleas, and nicely groom your dog.
Do dog shampoos help in killing fleas on dogs?
- Yes, today you can buy dog shampoos that are designed for flea and tick control, such as the Sentry Flea & Tick Shampoo With Oatmeal For Dogs And Puppies and Bio Spot Active Care Flea & Tick Dog Shampoo, which help in killing fleas on the dogs.
- If you are skeptical about using any chemical flea and tick medicine on your dog, then you can make your own dog flea shampoo by simply adding a mixture of squeezed lemon juice and water to your regular dog shampoo.
How can you use boric powder to kill fleas?
- Though you cannot directly use boric powder on your dog to kill fleas, you can use it as an environmental flea-control product.
- If you dust boric powder in areas of your house that are not properly exposed to sunlight and have high humidity, in short, the areas that are ideal for the growth of fleas, you can easily wipe out the fleas in your house.
- After a few days, you will notice that the eggs of the fleas and the larvae are dead. You can later use a vacuum and thoroughly clean the house.
- When using this technique, ensure your dog does not consume boric powder, as if your dog is hypersensitive then he or she might fall severely ill after consuming the chemical.
By regularly vacuuming your house and by using flea and tick preventives, you can control and manage a flea infestation on your dog as well as in your house. You can always seek advice from your vet about the best flea medicines for dogs and the best preventive measures that you can take to avoid a flea infestation.
Tags: kill fleas on dogs, flea tick control dogs, free dog flea & tick medicine, best flea medicine for dogs, best flea pills for dogs, chewable flea and tick prevention for dogs