The importance of staying hydrated
“Pure water is the world’s first and foremost medicine.”
– Slovakian proverb
How important is it to drink water?
- Drinking water and keeping your body hydrated is one of the most essential aspects of living.
- Drinking water in the right quantity can cure most of the ailments of the body. Water is essential for a healthy body.
How much water should you have in a day?
- The body of an average human being is 60% of water, more or less. During the course of a day, we tend to lose out water contents from our body in the form of urine and/or sweat.
- According to health authorities, the daily intake of water should be 8 ounce, which would be about 2 liters.
- However, it’s better to listen to your body on a regular basis and drink water as and when you feel thirsty, because no one can actually prescribe how much water your body needs. This can vary from one person to another.
How does bottled water help us?
- There are many natural sources of water, like lakes, rivers, and seas. However, the water from these natural sources is not always safe to drink because of contamination, which is harmful for human life.
- Hence, purified bottled water is a safer, and many a times the best, option.
What are the common benefits of bottled water?
- Convenience is the primary reason one would choose bottled water. Even though it does not take too much time and effort to pour water into your cup from a tap, most Americans prefer to stock up bottled water in their refrigerator, as it’s the best way for them. Grabbing a bottle is much easier when you want to leave your home and carry it along in your handbag. Once you’re done, you may simply trash the bottle in the trash can, and it would be recycled later.
- Water intake can be easily measured. Most of us believe that drinking 8 ounces of water in a day is the best practice to have. However, somehow it becomes a challenge for us to track the exact amount of water we drink, unless we are drinking from a bottle.
- Bottled water is available in the sizes that best suits your needs.
- Bottled water is free from unpleasant taste and odor. Water from the tap sometimes has an unpleasant taste or odor. This smell and taste could be imparted in the drinking water due to the chemicals used at the time of water treatment or because of the habitation of water animals and plants in the natural sources of water.
- Bottled water is available in different varieties.
- Plain water is not the only way to keep our body hydrated; other beverages can also do the same job.
- Bottled water manufacturing companies also offer a few options to improve your water intake.
- Infused water is also one of the best ways to hydrate our bodies. Some of us are not great fans of plain water, because of which we might not consume the required amount. Flavored water sensitizes the taste buds, because of which the intake may go up. We just need to ensure that flavored water does not have sugar content.
How to choose the best bottled water in the country?
- First of all, it’s important to understand that there are different types of bottled water, leaving it upon us to pick the best. Some of the bottled water manufacturing companies collect water from the spring, process it through, and bottle the purified water. Other companies collect underground water and then purify, deionize, and distill it before bottling.
- The alkaline and acidity levels decide the taste of the water, so we need to read the label on the bottle before picking up bottled water that is best for our body’s needs.
- Bottled water needs to be tested before we can determine the best brands for us. The processing of water can improve the flavor drastically, but at the same time, it could also decrease the essential vitamin and mineral content. Bottled water that does not supply balanced vitamin and minerals required by the body should not be consumed.