Understanding wireless Internet technology to get the best deals
There are wireless Internet service providers that offer access via satellite link and radio waves. However, popular wireless technologies enable users to convert their existing wired Internet connection into wireless signals using external peripherals like a modem, a router, an access card, or an Internet dongle. Before you shop for cheap wireless Internet plans and technologies, have a look at the following commonly answered questions to understand the technology.
What should you look for while comparing cheap wireless Internet connections?
- One of the most important things to consider while comparing cheap wireless Internet plans across popular service providers is support for multiple devices.
- The wireless network needs external peripherals like a modem, router, or any hotspot device to provide network coverage.
- Most plans offer these devices at an additional cost along with the basic Internet plan and bear in mind that the Internet service will not be functional without the devices.
- You must compare plans to see if it is cheaper to buy routers and modems on your own or is it a good idea to purchase the same with a specific plan.
- Cheap wireless plans provide different options for Internet access with cable, asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL), Ethernet, and fiber-optic technology to support the wireless router or modem so compare the plans accordingly.
- Check to see if there are any add-ons included with the wireless plan which support a streaming service or pay TV channels.
- Cheap wireless Internet connections are also available in the form of bundles that include TV and phone utilities.
How do you install a cheap wireless Internet connection at home?
- It is very easy to install cheap wireless Internet access at home. All you need is a good wireless modem or router to support the wireless connectivity across multiple devices.
- Assess your speed requirement, as most Internet service providers offer high-speed connections that are not needed in case of low- or moderate-Internet usage.
- Subscribe for a basic unlimited Internet plan that offers good connectivity, upload, and download speeds.
- You can often negotiate the price of the services offered by the small Internet services providers to get cheap deals.
- Bundle plans will save you money and at the same time offer additional services like Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and TV streaming.
- You may choose low-price Internet plans, but it is a good idea to invest in a premium modem or router instead of renting the same from your Internet service provider.
Which are the popular high-speed wireless Internet services?
- Network providers simply offer a mode of Internet access through fiber optics, ADSLs, cables, and even satellite Internet connections.
- To make the connection wireless, you must have a high-speed modem and a router to convert the signals that can then be accessed by multiple devices that support wireless connectivity.
- AT&T is a common household name when it comes to providing the best customer service along with popular options for cheap wireless Internet that supports multiple routers and modem devices.
- The fiber-optic network provides amazing speeds of up to 1 gigabytes per second in some cities and if you are a heavy Internet user, AT&T is a popular service provider.
- Verizon is another fiber-optic Internet service provider famous for its speed and reliability, as well as excellent wireless connectivity support for multiple devices and routers. You can avail attractive discounts by subscribing to their two-year service contracts with plans that start at less than $10/month.
- HughesNet is a popular Internet provider when it comes to satellite services that offer nationwide coverage for availing cheap wireless Internet plans.
- Frontier offers one of the most affordable Internet services with both free and low-cost equipment, including modems and routers.
- Frontier Communications provides no-contract Internet plans for people who need a flexible connection that allows them to switch services.
- Centurylink is another alternate service provider that offers no-contract Internet plans with transparent pricing.
Which are the popular brands for routers and modems that support high-speed wireless Internet connectivity?
- Netgear, Asus, D-Link, Linksys, Tp-Link, Trendnet, and Synology are among the popular brands that make wireless routers that support high-speed Internet connections.
- Factors like bandwidth, wireless protocols, and basic support for the router or modem will influence their pricing.
(TAGS- cheap wireless internet, high-speed wireless internet service)