Why should you choose an electric car over a fuel-based car?
Electric cars are becoming popular thanks to technological advancements and the development of improved batteries, which these cars require to operate. Despite challenges like limited range, high cost, performance limitations, keeping a charge for longer durations as well as a dearth of charging stations, major automotive companies like Volvo and Tesla are committed to the production of electric vehicles. These companies are striving to produce more affordable electric car options while also seeking to alter public perception. All vehicles have several costs associated with them. However, electric cars have an internal combustion engine that helps you make long-term savings as compared to conventional cars.
Here is what you need to know about electric cars.
What is an electric vehicle?
- An electric vehicle is a plug-in car that is propelled by one or more electric motors, exploiting energy usually stored in rechargeable batteries.
- Plug-in electric vehicles can help you to save money as it costs less than half as much to travel the same distance in an electric vehicle than a conventional one. It consumes fewer fuel costs on average than conventional gasoline vehicles.
- Electric vehicles do not need oil changes because there is no oil used to run the engines. They also do not require changing fan belts, air filters, spark plugs, or any of the alternative components that need an occasional replacement in a fuel-based automobile.
What are the benefits of using a electric car?
Some of the benefits of using a electric car are as follows:
- Electric cars are cheaper to run.
- These cars are cheaper to maintain.
- Electric cars are eco-friendly. They cause lesser pollution than the fuel-based cars.
- The electric cars are safer.
Which are the best electric cars?
- New 2018 Nissan Leaf costs about $33,900 and it is ideal for family use.
- BMW i3 costs about $44,320 and it is an ideal small car appropriate for urban use.
- Hyundai Kona Electric is a versatile family car costing about $41,7020.
- Jaguar I-Pace is a family car whose styling is compatible with the E-Pace and F-Pace with an added electric twist.
- Tesla Model S is a high-powered saloon car having plenty of room for five to seven passengers for short haul trips.
- Renault Zoe is the cheapest electric vehicle to buy at the cost of $18,250 and it is ideal for urban use.
- Hyundai Ionic Electric is the most sensible Ionic family car in a variety of powertrains costing approximately $38,445.
- Tesla Model X is a half crossover and half MPV and it is famous for its cleverly hinged gullwing rear doors that open even in the tightest of car park spaces. It has a roomy interior, ideal for five passengers, and the rearmost third-row seats are perfect for kids while on short journeys. This electric car costs around $97,785.
- Volkswagen e-Golf is a cleaner and silent electric package containing a first-rate build quality, clever connectivity, and generous packaging for about $41,720 only.
- Kia Soul EV is a small car ideal for urban use, it is a conventionally shaped car with a radical all-electric powertrain. This electric vehicle is priced at around $39,120.
- Smart Fortwo Electric Drive is a diminutive two-seater electric car equipped it with an electric motor and battery for zero emissions and whisper-quiet urban transport costing approximately $20,870.
- Volkswagen e-Up is a typically polished German vehicle with all the usual Volkswagen quality and attention to detail at the cost of around $26,085.
Why are electric vehicles considered to be better than fuel-based cars?
- Electric cars cost less than fuel-based cars. They are very affordable as they cost significantly less to run and maintain than a gas-powered car incurring minimal repair or service bills.
- Electric cars are better for the air we breathe as they produce zero tailpipe emissions.
- The electric cars save on time as you skip filling-up gas at the gas station and instead use charging power from renewable sources at home and/or office.
- They are the future of transportation making a difference to the environment.
- The electric cars undergo testing to pass the same safety standards as gas-powered vehicles and have higher safety ratings.
- They have low-maintenance requirements as they have fewer moving parts saving you time and money.
- Quiet both inside and outside, electric cars offer you a peaceful, silent, and a calm drive.
- The electric cars are high-performance vehicles having an extremely high-torque power, and their pickup is very quick and smooth.
- The government offers a significant rebate or tax credit to buyers in some states.
- Access to privileges like preferential parking spaces makes it easier to find parking spots for electric cars as compared with fuel-based cars.