Five questions to help you choose your credit card wisely
Gone are the days when the only option was to apply for a loan and wait till it got sanctioned in order to overcome some financial contingency that came up unexpectedly. Credit cards are a boon nowadays and help you find the ideal option to tide over your financial condition. However, there are umpteen companies offering various kinds of credit cards, which makes selection quite a difficult task. So read ahead to find some questions to help you look for the ten best credit cards.
Is it alright to have more than one credit card?
You can go for more than one credit card in the following cases:
- You’ve always managed your credit in a responsible manner.
- You’ve paid your balances completely at the end of the month.
- You’d like to maximize your rewards.
- You’d like to have a good credit history.
What are the features offered by a business credit card in case you want one?
- Credit cards that facilitate your business requirements offer travel and airline rewards.
- Some credit cards have cash back offers that come in handy in promoting your business.
- These offer additional cards for your employees for free.
- Business oriented credit cards offer bonuses for signing up.
- They offer incentive offers, such as charge-free balance transfers.
What are the benefits of credit cards that offer rewards?
- Reward cards are those that help you earn points as rewards each time you use the card.
- The points can be redeemed by the user for purchases in the form of merchandise, travel, or as cash back.
- This is perfect for people who pay their bills on time every month without keeping any balances, because a cardholder is offered various benefits, like insurance for car rental, extended warranties, or even a travel insurance.
- Reward credit cards also offer free access to lounges in airports or “free checked bags.”
Do you already have a balance on an existing credit card?
- Maintaining a balance that keeps getting transferred from one month to another is quite a costly affair.
- Some credit cards permit you to transfer your balance to the newly opened account, for which you don’t have to pay interest for an incentive period of around one to one and a half years.
- They charge a transfer fee of between three to five percent of the amount transferred.
- However, the transfer is to be completed within three months of opening the account.
Which are the ten best credit cards in the market these days?
- Citi® Double Cash card: This is one of the best cards for “flat rate cash back” with no annual fee.
- Chase Freedom®: This is the ideal card for bonuses.
- JetBlue Plus card: This is the perfect card if your needs are everyday purchases and loyalty.
- Ink Business CashSM credit card: It is one of the best picks if you are on the lookout for a business card.
- Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card: This is a good card for travel that gives you a signing up bonus and charges zero annual fees.
- Discover it® Secured: This is the ideal card for people who have no credit.
- Citi Simplicity® card: This is a great card with very low rates of interest and is ideal for balance transfers.
- Discover it® Student Cash Back: This is an ideal credit card for students in every sense of the word.
- USAA Rate Advantage Visa Platinum® Card: This is a nice pick if you want low interest rates, especially for “ongoing APR”.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card: This is a credit card that falls in the airline category and is perfect for “loyalty airline spending”. It comes with attractive bonuses when you sign up.
It’s important to know about the ten best credit cards before you make a choice of one that fits your needs.