Top 4 delicious chicken salad recipes
Everyone loves chicken, and chicken salads are the perfect easy-to-make meals for any day. Delicious tender chicken with flavorsome seasons and nutritious greens make chicken salad not only yummy but also extremely healthy. There is a wide variety of chicken recipes you can make at home. Some of them have been mentioned below.
How to make a BBQ chicken salad?
- For making a BBQ chicken salad you will need breast halves of 2 skinless and boneless chicken, 4 chopped stalks celery, 1 large diced red bell pepper, half diced red onion, 8.75 ounces of sweet corn, ¼ cup barbeque sauce, and 2 tablespoons of fat-free mayonnaise.
- Preheat the grill at a high temperature. Then lightly grate the oil, and grill the chicken on each side for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, then cool, and cube it.
- Toss together the chicken, celery, red bell pepper, onion, and corn in a large bowl.
- Mix the barbeque sauce and mayonnaise together in a small bowl. Then pour it over the chicken and veggies.
- Your delicious BBQ chicken salad is ready.
How to make a Mexican chicken quinoa salad?
- For making a Mexican chicken quinoa salad chicken salad you will need 1 cup of water, half a cup of quinoa, 1 pack of taco seasoning mix, small cubes of 2 chicken breasts, 1 teaspoon butter, 1 peeled and chopped avocado, half red onion, 2 chopped celery stalks, 1 cup chopped spinach, 1 chopped carrot, half chopped red bell pepper and half chopped yellow bell pepper, ⅓ chopped cucumber, 2 seeded and chopped jalapeno, and half cup salse.
- Boil water, quinoa, and ½ of the taco seasoning mix in a saucepan. Simmer and cover it until the quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed in low heat for about 15 minutes
- Mix together the chicken and remaining taco seasoning mix in a bowl. Allow staying the chicken for seasoning for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a skillet on medium heat, cook and stir the chicken until there is no pink at the center for 5 to 20 minutes.
- Place chicken and quinoa in a bowl and keep it in the freezer until cooled for approximately for 5 minutes.
- Mix avocado, red onion, celery, spinach, carrot, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, and jalapeno peppers in a big bowl. Now add the chicken, quinoa mixture and salsa and mix it well.
How to make a Caribbean chicken salad?
- For making a Caribbean chicken salad you will need breast halves of 2 skinless and boneless chicken, half a cup of teriyaki marinade sauce, 2 seeded and chopped tomatoes, half a cup of chopped onions, 2 teaspoons of minced jalapeno peppers, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro, ¼ cup Dijon mustard, ¼ cup honey, 1 and a ½ tablespoons of white sugar, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, 1 and a ½ tablespoon of cider vinegar and lime juice, ¾ pound mixed green salad, 8 ounces of pineapple chunks, 4 cups of corn tortilla chips.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and cover it with teriyaki marinade sauce. Marinate it for at least 2 hours in a refrigerator.
- Mix the tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, onion, and cilantro in a bowl. Cover salsa and freeze.
- Mix mustard, honey, sugar, oil, vinegar and lime juice in a bowl. Cover and freeze the dressing.
- Preheat the grill at high temperature
- Grate the oil lightly. Put chicken onto the grill and you can discard the marinade. Cook it for 6 to 8 minutes on each side.
- The mixed green salad can now be arranged on the plate. Spoon some salsa on each salad and sprinkle pineapple chunks. Sprinkle the broken tortilla chips over salad. Lay grilled chicken strips on each salad. Finally, drizzle the dressing over each salad and serve it.
How to make an almond chicken salad?
- For making a almond chicken salad you will need 4 thinly sliced green onions, 1 shredded carrot, 1 chopped red bell pepper, ½ pound sugar snap peas, 2 cups of chopped and cooked chicken breast meat, ½ cup cilantro leaves, ½ cup blanched slivered toasted almonds, 2 tablespoons white sugar, 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, sesame oil, 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, and 1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
- Mix the onions, carrot, red pepper, peas, chicken, cilantro, almonds and set it aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce and dry mustard in a bowl until it is smooth. Pour over salad mixture and toss. You can serve it in pita pockets or on a bed of lettuce.